Due to the restrictions and reliability of WiFi access in caravan parks we decided that we needed to have 4G internet access available while adventuring. After much research and analysing various options we decided to install a brilliant little Teltonika RUT955 Industrial LTE Router. Its features include . . .
- Mobile: 2G, 3G, 4G (Dual SIM)
- WiFi: 2.4Ghz (2 antennas: Outside and Inside)
- GNSS: Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou Networks.
- Ethernet: 10/100Mbps, 3 x LAN, 1 x WAN
- 3 + 1 Digital Inputs
- 2 + 1 Digital Outputs
- Configurable Auto Internet Fail-over between Mobile SIMs, WAN connection and WiFi connection.
The specifications for the antennas supplied with the router are not high enough for them to be mounted externally on the caravan so we purchased a GNSS LTE MIMO COMBO ANTENNA for external communications.
Even though it provides for two WiFi connections, only one will be used and an internal antenna will be used for the inside WiFi.